Friday, March 14, 2008

I can't imagine what it takes for these soldiers to publicly admit to horrendous acts of murder and torture.

The least we can do is sit on a couch and listen. Listen to your sons and daughters. You can't ignore America just because you don't agree with what's happening. If you ignore the atrocities that your country is responsible for, how can anything ever change?

I think anger and sadness are healthy ways to deal with reality. But you have to deal with reality.

Please listen to our soldiers this weekend. These guys are the fucking heroes now.

WINTER SOLDIER:

IVAW.org

links

listen

WBAI in New York is also airing this on 99.5 FM.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Natural said...

I remember back in the day, there actually WERE news stories of the original Winter Soldiers testimonies on the teevee "news". Good lookin' blog ya got here. Looks like you don't mince your words. I like that.

Monday, March 17, 2008  
Blogger bluesclues said...

I'm glad you told me that, because I was actually wondering about it all weekend. I realize the state of the American media is in complete shambles (or the most streamlined the american propaganda machine has ever been), but you would think the most important thing to happen in the past few months, maybe years, would turn up at least SOME mainstream coverage. NOPE. NONE. When did real news start appearing ONLY on random citizens' blogs? What a joke. And a normal google search (not a news search) will direct you mostly to sites talking about how the original winter soldier's were "making everything up." Michelle Malkin: Fuck You.

But it made me wonder what sort of coverage the original event had. As I was born in the mid-seventies, I have no real perspective on that.

Was there a good deal of coverage? Did people get motivated and mobilized? Here in 2008 I don't even know anyone who bothered to listen.

Fucking Hell.

Monday, March 17, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home